Friday 3 May 2019

Random Ramble & March Haul

Besides a lack of energy or sometimes motivation to blog, I find I procrastinate a lot. Really a lot. I didn't used to be like this, but over the years of blogging, I've become some kind of super perfectionist. If the writing wasn't good enough, the pictures weren't fantastic, the subject matter wasn't relevant, I wouldn't blog it. I'd worry, stress and leave it. Then worry some more afterwards!  Did I want something not up to scratch on my blog? No. I felt my blog was a reflection of me and my abilities and if I posted rubbish, it would reflect badly on me. I want to change that though, because like I say, I didn't used to be like this. I'd write and photograph freely about whatever I wanted, when I wanted and there was something kinda nice about that.  Everything has become less relaxed, very precise, less enjoyable if I'm really honest and that's not a fair representation of me. I'm the type of person that sees a neat row of items and wants to turn one around, so it's no longer perfect. I live in an absolute pig-sty (I call it "organised chaos"), I like my hair wild and messy, my life has been totally messed up and muddled for years.  It's all a little off-centre, disorganised, unpredictable and unconventional.  I'm not saying I want a sloppy blog, but while I love my in-depth shoe reviews and detailed photos, not every post has to be like that and I need to drum this into myself until it sticks. Why don't I open the blog one day and just write about something random that pops into my head? It doesn't need to be so heavily thought-out and produced, just do it! So hopefully, by blogging each day this month it will push me to do just that and I'm starting with an absolute random pairing and irrelevant post to prove it! flatlay of multi coloured ankle boots on feet with boxed Barbie Fashionistas doll next to it

This was an Amazon order from March and one I was super excited to receive. The boots, Irregular Choice Bobs Ur Uncle, have been on my wishlist since the moment I saw them. They came in 3 colours, but I only had eyes for this pair. They are called red and green, but they are pink and green to me, one of my favourite colour combinations. The colours really popped on this pair, but they sold out super quickly and I just couldn't justify buying them at full price. When I went to Manchester last year, I saw a pair as I was leaving, so didn't try them on and they weren't this colour anyway. IC got more stock, but the other two colours went into the sale and these didn't, so I still resisted.  Fast forward to earlier this year and Amazon started doing that price reduction lottery thing that I proper despise. If you haven't played the game, don't, it's highly stressful!! They pick an item, sometimes just one size of an item and start reducing it daily or a couple of times a day. It gets to the point, it's drastically reduced, but you get a bit greedy and wait for it to drop further, but there comes a point when they just change it, back up to full price or add £100 to it the next day and you've lost out. It's awful (and you waste a great deal of your time stalking), but you can get some amazing bargains if you have the nerves. Sometimes it'll stay at the higher price for months and months and then it'll start creeping down again, you just never know. Anyway, I decided that if they got under £90, I'd buy them. Actually I initially wanted £100, but held out. This colour never made it into the sale, so I'd never seen them cheaper and after I bought them, the remaining pair went back to full price. I also had a voucher, so my whole order was under £90 if I remember correctly.  pink leopard print green snakeskin and metallic glitter ankle boot in box with fluffy tongue and laces
I worried about sizing, especially as I have Picture Perfect which are a similar shape and were super, super tight on me. These have a less restrictive front though as you have the fluffy tongue and lacing (they have a zip though, so you don't need to undo them). The 5/38 are snug, but comfortable on me. They really are gorgeous and with that I think I'm pretty much done with my AW18 wishlist. I wanted Satine (thigh high boots), but I couldn't afford them and don't think they'll work when my knees are constantly bent in the wheelchair or so I keep telling myself. feet on wood floor wearing multi coloured ankle boots in pink and green
The other item in my order was one of the new Barbie Fashionistas dolls. The Fashionistas line has been going for 10 years now and includes so many different body shapes, skintones and hairstyles. They come with pretty basic looking outfits, but for me it's all about the cool hair colour and different shapes. It's really a joy to see so many different dolls, especially as Barbie is very guilty these days of looking very pink and plastic (and cheap) in my opinion.  This line is the perfect antidote.  I loved the introduction of the curvy body shape, but when I saw this 105 version, it was my absolute mission to own this girl. She's my dream doll, truly. hand holding Barbie Fashionistas doll with afro hair and striped cut out dress
Her hair is the biggest draw for me, it's absolutely beautiful. It's so soft and big and fluffy and I love how they pulled that little section back to the side, it's perfect. The hoop earrings wholly suit the hairstyle and for some reason I actually love her white sneakers. It just makes her cooler. side profile of Barbie Fashionistas doll head with curly afro hair and gold hoop earringface of Barbie Fashionistas 105 doll with hoop earrings and short black afro hair
The curvy body shape is so beautiful. Everything is a little bigger than normal, even her feet, so I don't think they can wear regular Barbie style shoes. I adore her rounded tummy, big bum, thick thighs, even her calves are bigger. For weeks after I got her, I just kept picking her up to stare at. front of curvy body fashionistas Barbie bodyback of Barbie Fashionistas curvy body dollside view of Barbie Fashionistas curvy body typelegs of curvy body doll
The striped cut-out dress isn't my favourite, though it suits her. I want to make outfits for her. I actually want another as a back-up, so I could put her hair up in a scarf or something and keep the other like this! This season is really strong, there's loads of pretty hairstyles and faces in there, but this was the absolute must-have for me.  I've wanted a doll that looks like this for years now.

There we go, I managed a random post.  I'm tempted to nitpick at structure, but I'll let it go!  I'll always favour quality over quantity, but for the sake of my personal challenge this month, I know I can't upload super detailed posts on a daily basis, so some will be like this.  I hope you enjoyed it anyway! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.