Wednesday 29 August 2018

Irregular Choice: AW18 Sole & Box Design

It's always pretty exciting when you catch a glimpse of the new season soles at Irregular Choice, but this season, looked really, really good! I didn't have to wait too long before I got a pair and of course, I've taken photos for you to properly see them. Irregular Choice seahorse printed shoe box for AW18

I'll start with the beautiful box which features a horned, carousel, seahorse called Lady Daisy. Three of my favourite things!  She is so cheerful and detailed with shells and pearls and lovely, twirly bits.  Tell me I'm not the only one that used to try and pick the carousel horse with the name or colours I liked most to ride?      close up of carousel unicorn seahorse image on shoe box
I love the striped, scalloped surround and the underwater background. As always, there's graphics all around the sides and front of the box. Just so pretty. The box has a glossy finish and purple rope handles (in the newer style, not knotted). coral underwater images on side of shoe boxfront of drawer style shoe box with underwater aquatic sea theme
Inside, the tissue paper is pale blue with a sheer fish and wave pattern. blue tissue paper with transparent fish and wave design
The soles are also glossy with the same seahorse image as the box. It's a mirrored image on the right and left foot with Lady Daisy facing inwards and "Caro" on one sole and "usel" written on the other. colourful shoe soles with carousel seahorse images
I love how colourful they are and the instep looks really pretty peeking behind the heels when you're wearing them. I was really hoping they'd make accessories with this graphic and they have. I might've bought quite a lot already! This is definitely one of my favourite sole/box designs. Here's a post I wrote in 2015 with a history of sole designs. I should really do an updated version as it didn't include any Disney back then.  Have you got any new season soles yet? What do you think of this new design?

Oh gosh, I forgot the new season lining! The shoes I bought, actually didn't have this lining, but most of the new styles should and the bags do. This was inside my bag and it's absolutely glorious (I was actually squealing out loud). I'm so in love with it. It's foiled metallic in the most beautiful range of colours. metallic shell print lining inside handbag

4 comments :

  1. Oh my! I love that colourful metallic! I haven’t bought any new bags yet so I’ve yet to see it in real life! It’s soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooove it. I want it on the outside of something, it's too pretty to hide.

      Delete
  2. That lining is so beautiful! I love rainbowy, oilslick effect!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.