Hello my lovelies, I hope you are all well and enjoying the little bit of sunshine. If you follow my other blog, The Shoe Girl Diaries, then you'll be fully aware of my love for the H! by Henry Holland range. I find it's generally quite generously sized, so being on the cusp of 'plus-size', the 18's actually fit me well. Debenhams is one of the rare places I can walk into and have options and choice on what to buy, which makes a pleasant change.
It's no wonder then, that I've amassed quite the collection of HbH pieces. I've completely lost count of the amount of HbH dresses and items I own, but it definitely dominates my wardrobe. Now that the range has been going for several years, I'm noticing some classic designs being reworked in new prints, along with new shapes and styles, so I've not tired of the brand yet. To celebrate the bank holiday weekend, Debenhams have 20% off all dresses on their site (not just this range), so I thought I'd share with you a
1. Flamingo Print Prom Dress £45 (£36). I spoke about this dress last month and it's still top of my list. I adore the flamingo print and the shape of the dress is similar (although not identical) to the yellow one I bought a couple of years ago (first photo, 2nd from left). This one doesn't have the fiddly, crossover straps, which is a bonus. Although it's a bit of a pain to iron, there's actually another layer underneath the skirt, which gives it a lovely, fuller shape.
2. Dipped Hem Floral Lace Dress £35 (£28). You'll recognise this one immediately, as I wear my version a lot (above photo, 2nd from left). I was so excited to see it in a new print this season, as it's a lovely dress to wear and proves it's worth reworking an older style. It's so comfortable and unlike many dip hem dresses, the shorter length is nowhere near 'indecent', which means it can be worn with bare legs. This dress is perfect for taking on holiday as it rolls up very small and does not crease at all (I love it for that alone). The black crochet section around the bodice is a nice touch and the softly elasticated waist (it sits high on me), ensures there's plenty of room for moving and eating! If I remember correctly, I sized down on this one.
3. Navy Sunglasses Print Dress £32 (£25.60). One of the things I love most about the HbH range, are the quirky prints. I'm a sucker for them! I wasn't too fussed on this dress when I saw it online, until I zoomed in and saw the wonderful vintage glasses print. It's really unusual, but subtle, I love it. I already have a floral print shirt dress in this style (first photo, 2nd from right).
4. Scatter Flower Print Dress £35 (£17.50). Last time I was shopping (which was ages ago), I saw this dress and put it on the 'list in my head' of things to buy! It's a little bit like my black/red dog print one (not shown here), maybe mixed with the floral collar one (first photo, middle). I really like that collar detail, it smartens up an otherwise pretty casual and comfy dress. Plus this dress is actually half price right now, so it's a total bargain!
5. Navy Candy Swirl Dress £32 (£25.60). Yet another dress that benefits from seeing the print close-up. The dress shape is similar to my fruit one (far right, second photo), but I don't think there's a sheen to the fabric. I love the swirly lollipops print, it's a fun little dress for summer.
Is there anything here that tickles your fancy? Are you also a bit of an HbH fan? Do let me know. Thanks again for all your healthy good wishes-unfortunately the recovery process is going to be very long, so blogging has taken a back seat while I recuperate. I really miss my daily outfit posts on TSGD too (this post has just made me remember how fun it was), but hopefully in a couple of months, I'll be capable of getting dressed and blogging about it again. Have a good weekend : )
This post contains links that can earn this blog a small commission when purchases are made by clicking the links. All opinions are my own and I was not gifted anything or paid to write this post. Top images my own, last two images Debenhams.